Thursday, November 10, 2011

I've lost it

Really.

For some weird reason I'm obsessed with vases.When we lived in a high rise in a different city we had space above the kitchen cabinets. I used a bunch of vases to decorate the space. I don't think I have pictures of it but it looked pretty darn cute.

So when I saw a Pinterest DIY project with vases I knew I had to do it. Its from the blog Sugar and Charm (http://www.sugarandcharmblog.com/2011/01/easy-and-beautiful-enamel-painted-vases.html)

You start with buying these paints...

Which I chose like 6 different colors plus the surface thingy and the afterwards glaze thingy. 
Then you paint em...

so it looks like the vases are solid colors rather then clear glass! 

then you make a pretty wall like this...


So I spent like over $40 on paints and another $12 on a few more pretty vases from Savers. My existing clear ones are small and boring. Though I didn't expect to spend to much on this project. Hence the fact that I've clearly lost my mind. 

Furthermore I have no bookshelves or wall or really any place to put them. 

Nevertheless when hubby goes to work tonight I'm going to try my hand at this project. If it doesn't work I'll just return some of the paints. Which i might do anyway because like the pic above using two colors will look better than a gazillion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment