Thursday, January 12, 2012

Tonight I'm Starting Anti-Depressants...

for my headaches!

Two years ago I tried a low-dose anti-depressant for my headaches and it gave me chest pains so I immediately stopped. This is a different medication (but also a very low dose) so maybe it wont have the heartburn/heart attack side affect the other one did. Its weird that they'll use drugs known to treat a certain condition to treat a completely different problem. I've been in birth control for a long while for my headaches... but I recently switched types in order to lessen my chance of stroke and it no longer helps my headaches!

Furthermore tomorrow I'm going to make an appointment with a chiropractor. Chiropractics has actually helped me before so I'm hoping it will continue to help. Although maybe I should wait so I can see if the new medication actually helps? My nurse practitioner also suggested acupuncture. But I'll definitely see how meds and spine drs work before I go with needles (not that I'm afraid of needles... just its further down on the list of last resorts)! 

1 comment:

  1. Has this worked?? I get horrible headaches and my doctor recommended it but I haven't done it yet!!! Keep me posted.

    ReplyDelete