Sunday, December 11, 2011

What do I feed my dog? Part 1

Orijen (kibble) in the morning

Honest Kitchen 
Sojo's
Stella & Chewy's
Evangers
Addiction

at night

Ever heard of these brands? Chances are probably not.

Scout has gone from being fed Iams as a puppy to Wellness to Wellness Core to Orijen and now Orijen and these other brands (which are all commercially prepared raw food). They are usually freeze dried or dehydrated food, and I mix a bit of quality wet food with them.

All of his foods are grain free, some gluten free, most with no preservatives or by products. I also just started adding a squirt of salmon oil in (although he did get some salmon oil a few years ago too) and I brush his teeth every night.

I would really like to pull him off of kibble all together, but due to finances and time (I've been feeding him breakfast at 4am) its not feasible right now.

coming soon
Part 2 - other high quality foods
Part 3- why?

No comments:

Post a Comment