Sunday, March 25, 2012

First a bride, then a bridesmaid

I also want to announce that a little over a month ago my best friend from college asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding! While I do have quite a few friends that are engaged and/planning a wedding,she is the first to ask me to be in the Wedding party. I was so completely shocked and honored. I knew that she was my best friend from college but never knew if she felt the same way. I'm the only person from college she asked (that I know of - but it does sound like she planned on asking me).

Anyway we tried on bridesmaid dresses yesterday at Davids Bridal. We decided on the same material and color but different styles.
This is mine:

Whew and I going to look sexy or what? :-)

The color is actually darker in person. I'll post a pic when I try it on when it comes in. I do have to get it hemmed because I'm too short and possibly taken in a bit and/or cups sewn in. The girls were a bit floppy in there. 

We are going with silver shoes. Luckily I have a pair already that will mostly likely work. I sent the girls a picture to confirm its what we want. 
Here they are:
Plus, I offered to do an aisle runner, gift box or guest book as a gift for my friend. She wants an aisle runner and the gift box. The wedding is on the beach in Rhode Island so she's going with a beachy theme. Thus the blue dress too. So I'll post updates of those DIY projects too!

No comments:

Post a Comment