Sunday, March 25, 2012

Mosaics!

I'm excited to announce I have a new craft project!

Russ and I are hosting our first Passover Seder this year. Its a huge undertaking as it is a very important holiday and there are so many traditional foods to make. We will have at least 9 people, including ourselves. Nevertheless, for our wedding we had a registry for china which our friends purchased. We only bought service for 8. My dear husband impulsively decided to buy more so that our Seder could match. Anyways, a few arrived broken and we got even more sent for free! And yet again a few arrived broken. Luckily we have service for 12 now and a few extras of some sizes.

I decided instead of throwing all the broken plates out that I would make a mosaic with the pieces. I searched for all of Michael's to find the perfect piece to do it on. I finally came home with a square wood mirror. If it all works our the way I want it to we will have a beautiful mirror that will match our china and therefore be hung in a future dining room and perfectly match! What a bright idea huh?


No comments:

Post a Comment