Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My Very Own...

China Cabinet!

Its from Ikea for only $365 (and our parents split it as a gift for us)

I'd been wanting this cabinet for quite a while now (for about a year actually). Since our wedding one year ago we lost kitchen space due to the new china set. We had a bit of space near our kitchen table and I complained to hubby that I never get anything that I want because I always feel guilty spending money on myself. I think someday in the future when we have money we'll redo our living room to match as we really like the Ikea Hemnes set in black-brown. This will probably be years down the road, but its nice to dream. 

I really wanted something with glass doors to properly display our goods. After it was completely put together hubby just stuffed all our china in it (picture above). The next morning while he was still sleeping I reorganized it to look like this...


Now it actually displays our china like you see in the magazines! The key to doing this yourself is using the plates against the back of he cabinet and centering your best pieces so they are visible through the glass. I know I could make the display look even better but it's not the biggest china cabinet in the world so it still has to do primary duty as storage. I love love love it though and the piece itself is just gorgeous. You'd be surprised that its by Ikea (it's even solid wood!). They also make one with all shelves, no drawers but we wanted the drawer space for napkins and table cloths and random stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment